Rapid Bottleneck Resolution (RBR)
The RBR process increases company throughput by increasing a bottleneck’s throughput within 6-8 weeks.
In many situations bottlenecks take project teams by surprise, as they may lack effective procedures to resolve them. Frequently we meet recurring symptoms in bottleneck areas, such as:
• Absence of top management agreement on the real bottlenecks
• Lack of specific skills and other resources
• Efforts towards increasing the availability of the scarce skills
• Bad Multi-tasking habits done at the bottleneck
• Incomplete input to the bottleneck
• Change of priorities
The RBR contains two main deliverables:
1. Agreement by top managers on bottlenecks
2. Define and execute a plan to increase throughput in the shortest time
Within two weeks, we identify the real bottleneck after interviewing the relevant people and conducting a quick analysis.
By working closely with your team, we will set up a plan that includes:
• Setting targets for short term improvements
• Reducing Bad Multi-tasking at the bottleneck
• Implementing a gate with a full kit process to improve input
• Synchronizing with other departments
• Daily process of fast issue resolution. We assist the team to implement a rapid issue resolution process on a daily basis and provide a weekly report for top management.